Submit a Display Ad
Terms and Conditions for Display Ads
All display advertisements are banners at the top of the page.
- The standard size is 140 pixels high and 1140 pixels wide. There is no additional charge for color in the ad.
- We do not offer design assistance, alas.
- Advertisements on the home page and the articles page can be twice as tall (280 pixels x 1140 pixels). For details and prices, write the Advertising Manager.
- All advertisements appear on their pages from midnight Sunday night and remain there for 1 week.
- Even though the content of a page may be updated, all advertisements on a page remain there for the week or weeks purchased.
- New articles are posted regularly and the preceding ones archived (and searchable). A retrieved article will show the advertisement currently on the article page.
Display Advertising Rates
- Home Page $100 per week (everyone who visits Postcard History will see this advertisement)
- Articles Page $90 per week (everyone who reads any article will see this advertisement)
- Show Calendar Page $90 per week (everyone checking the most comprehensive listing of forthcoming postcard shows on the web for the following 3 months will see this advertisement)
- Crossword Puzzle Page $50 per week (everyone will want to test their skill with our postcard-themed puzzle)
- Useful Links Page $50 per week (everyone who browses our links to the wide world of postcard-related websites will see this advertisement)
- Classified Ads Page $75 per week (everyone who checks out the wants and for-sale items will see this advertisement)
Duration of Advertisements
- All advertisements run for one week, from Sunday midnight to Sunday midnight.
- Discounts for multiple week advertising
- Three consecutive weeks — 10%
- Four consecutive weeks — 12½%
Additional discounts available on request from the Advertising Manager
How to Place a Display Advertisement
- Design your ad as 140 pixels x 1140 pixels in the .jpeg format. Alas, we do not offer design services.
- Use the form at left to submit your ad no later than Friday noon before the Sunday night of publication. Tells us which page you want your ad placed on and the number of weeks you want it to appear.
- Ad placement is subject to prior sale. You may reserve a particular page in advance by pre-paying in full for that page. If your preferred page is not available, we’ll notify you.
- If you have not prepaid your ad, check your email for a PayPal invoice after you’ve submitted your ad. We cannot insert your ad until you have paid the invoice.
- Alert us promptly at Advertising@PostcardHistory.net if there is a problem. We make every effort to place ads correctly, but mistakes can occur.
If something is not clear, email Advertising@PostcardHistory.net and we’ll be glad to clarify.